|Piles of summer reading books. Will I get to them all?
Another summer. Another hilarious summer reading list that is probably impossible to complete.
Every summer I set my sites on reading new YA lit, old favorites, book club selections, and books that might entice reluctant readers. Most of my summer reading is done for the expressed reason of finding good books to recommend to my students in the fall.
Here are the books I hope to get to:
Mock Printz preview books:
- Winger by Andrew Smith
- Etiquette Espionage by Carriger
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
- Summer Prince by Alaya Johnson
- Darius and Twig by Walter Dean Myers
- Maggot Moon by Gardner
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
- Midwinter Blood by Sedgwick
- A Corner of White by Moriarty
- Teeth by Moskowitz
- Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Medina
- Imprisoned: The Betrayal of the Japanese Americans
- Emancipation Proclamation by Bolden
Book Club Selections (that I know of to date):
- Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver
- Saving Cee-Cee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
Of interest to my teen readers:
- Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle
- Deathwatch by Robb White
- Crap Kingdom by DC Pierson
- Quarantine Lex Thomas
- Burger Wuss by M.T. Anderson
- The Silence of Murder by Mackall
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Henry Franks by Peter Salomon
- Trapped by Michael Northrup
- This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith
- The Sweet Revenge of Celia Door by Karen Finneyfrock
For my Reading Challenges:
- Period 8 by Chris Crutcher (Chris Crutcher Challenge)
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Big Book Summer Challenge)
- The White Bicycle by Beverley Brenna (Read all the ALA Award books)
My reading goal is usually 30 books so I might be able to accomplish this list if other books don't push their way in and crowd out these. Wish me luck!
What's on your reading list?