"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, January 29, 2024

TTT: New-to-Me Authors I Met in 2023


Top Ten Tuesday: 

New-to-me authors I discovered in 2023


Amy Krouse Rosenthal: Encyclopedia for an Ordinary Life, Textbook, and eleven children's books

R.F. Kuang: Babel and Yellowface

Kate Baer: I Hope This Finds You Well: Poems

Adam Johnson: The Orphan Master's Son

George Eliot: Middlemarch

Alexandre Dumas: The Count of Monte Cristo

Salman Rushdie: Victory City

Mary Shelley: Frankenstein

Michael Chabon: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay


Ann Napolitano: Hello Beautiful



-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.