"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, September 18, 2023

TTT: My Fall Reading List



Top Ten Tuesday: Fall Reading List. 
Below the line is how I did on my summer reading list.


Fall reading list:

Book Club Selections:

  1. Tightrope: American's Reaching for Hope by Kristoff (Oct, Group #1)
  2.  Tom Lake by Patchett (Oct., Group #2)
  3. Heaven and Earth Grocery Store by McBride (Nov/Dec., Group #2)
  4. News of the World by Giles (Dec, Group #1)

Challenge Books:

  1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA from this list -- The Aleph and Other Stories
  2. A Past Pulitzer Prize winner from list -- Possibly The Orphan Master's Son
  3. Printz Award winner or honor book from this list -- Possibly Scout's Honor
  4. A National Book Award winner or finalist (Not named until November)

Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:

  1. Maame by Jessica George
  2. Middlemarch by George Eliot
  3. My Brilliant Friend by Ferrante
  4. Yellow Face by Kuang 
  5. The Financial Lives of Poets by Walter
  6. Impossible Escape: A True Story of Survival and Heroism in Nazi Europe by Sheinkin
  7. Babel by Kuang
  8. The Covenant of Water by Verghese
  9. Tiny Habits by Fogg
  10. Mr. Impossible by Stiefvater
  11. Accountable: The True Story of a Racist Social Media Account and the Teenagers Whose Lives It Changed by Slater


Update: How I did on my summer reading list.
Highlighted yellow: completed. 
Highlighted aqua: in progress or 
Highlighted green:  not completed but read note.

Summer reading list:

Book Club Selections:

  1. Long Division by Laymon (August, Group #1)
  2. The Loneliest Polar Bear by Williams (September, Group #1) 
  3. Hello Beautiful by Napalitano (September, Group #2)

Challenge Books:

  1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA from this list -- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  2. A Past Pulitzer Prize winner from list -- Trust by Diaz
  3. Printz Award winner or honor book from this list -- Starfish by Fipps
  4. A Big Book (over 400 pages) for Big Book Summer Challenge -- Shrines of Gaiety by Atkinson

Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:

  1.  Pray First by Hodges
  2. After by Greyson
  3. The Wager by David Grann
  4. Victory City by Salmon Rushdie
  5. I Have Some Questions for You by Makkai
  6. Shrines of Gaiety by Atkinson
  7. Our Missing Hearts by Ngo
  8. It's All Absolutely Fine by Eliot
  9. House of Light by Mary Oliver
I did it! I read every book on my list, a first! I just finished Hello Beautiful and Shrines of Gaiety this past week, so I was running all the way to the end of the race! Yippee!!

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.