1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Favorite bookish couple.
- Most of the Jane Austen couples: Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy (Pride and Prejudice); Anne Eliott and Captain Wentworth (Persuasion); Catherine Morland and Henry Tilney (Northanger Abbey); Elinor Dashwood and Edward Ferrars (Sense and Sensibility); and Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram (Mansfield Park)
3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.).
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book(s) do you hope Santa brings you this year?
- I never request books for Christmas but I wouldn't mind a subscription to Bookmarks Magazine.
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. So much injustice against women.
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead. So much injustice against blacks.
7. “We Three Kings”: Your favorite trilogy.
- His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman
- Mark Watney from The Martian. The guy is brilliant and seems like he can do just about anything, like rig up electricity if the power goes out.
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I couldn't finish the tome. I wanted to love it and did not.
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins. 64 years before the first Hunger Games. Can't wait!
Join in the fun. What books would you suggest for each Christmas song? Sign up to participate at ThatArtsyReaderGirl