Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite bookmarks.
I use any scrap of paper which is convenient when I need a bookmark. Often the hold notice from the library ends up being the paper I use. But if I think ahead I will grab an official bookmark, or an unofficial one. See what I mean below.
1. I often use my ticket stubs from plays we've attended. I laughed when I found the CATS ticket this week since we saw that play over ten years ago.
2. I created these bookmarks for Jane Austen Week in the library. They each have a quote from one of the books by my favorite author.
3. I like fancy bookmarks. Who doesn't? The one on the left is a homemade one with cut paper design. The Japanese kimono-wearing girl was purchased at the UN gift store in NYC many years ago. She is still protected by plastic wrap.
4. I often cut up greeting cards making the scraps into bookmarks. In fact, this is probably the most common type of bookmark that I use. When I went searching for examples today, however, this is the only I could find. It is from a birthday card given to me and doctored by my husband. So sweet.
5. I collect bookmarks where ever I go: bookstores, libraries, museums, and gift stores.
6. I was given a bunch of these bookmarks when my birthday gift arrived: my thumbprint made from titles of my favorite books. I don't love the bookmarks but they remind me of something I do love.
Check out the Thumbprints Portraits.