Tuesday, July 23, 2019
TTT: Book settings
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. Hogwarts is such a magical setting.It really is a character itself.
2. Looking for Alaska by John Green. Set in a boarding school. All the characters rub off on each other, for good and bad.
3. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart. Also set in a boarding school. This book is hilarious about Frankie trying to join an all-boys club.
4. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Stargirl transforms a whole school with her positive and kind ways.
5. Espionage and Etiquette by Gail Carriger. The finishing school teaches students to finish everything, including death, diversions, and espionage.
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Set in a college, Cath has to learn how to write fanfiction AND be a good roommate, girlfriend, sister, and daughter. That's a lot of pressure.
7. And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard. Sent to a boarding school after a horrifying experience at her old school, Emily has to do the work to help herself overcome depression. She does it with the help of Emily Dickinson's poems.
8. Paper Covers Rock also by Jenny Hubbard. Alex can't save his boarding friend school from drowning. Now he feels like he is drowning, too.
9. Matilda by Road Dahl. Thank goodness for Miss Honey, Matilda's teacher at school.
10. Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Auggie finds acceptance and love from his classmates, something new to him since his face is so disfigured. This book is VERY inspiring.
What are your favorite books set in a school?