Top Ten Tuesday:
Books I've read and want to read with "summer" in the title.
(Today's topic: Must-buy authors. Since I don't a. usually buy books and b. have any authors I must read, I opted to go off the board today.)
1. This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki
A graphic novel, one of the best coming-of-age books ever written.
2. One Summer: America, 1927 by Bill Bryson
It is astonishing how many events that we still talk about happened in the summer of 1927. I am a huge fan of this author, too.
3. Rules of Summer by Shaun Tan
If you haven't discovered the art and whimsy of Shaun Tan, you are missing a rare treat.
4. The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
An interestingly different Sci-Fi novel.
5. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Very summerish but not my favorite novel by this author.
6. The Last Summer of the Death Warriors by Francisco X. Stork
This book really inspired me and I quoted from it often.
7. Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
I read this book before I started keeping track of them on Goodreads. Set in a summer during WWII. It is a heart-breaking coming-of-age story.
8. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
If I have a must-read author, it is Kingsolver. This book carries a strong ecological message.
Books I want to read with "summer" in the title: