"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, May 25, 2018

Friday Quotes: Children of Blood and Bone

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
Th
e Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---



Title: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

Book Beginning:
"Zelie: Pick me. It's all I can do not to scream."
Friday 56:
"I push through the crowd with a new fervor, desperate to escape. I'm almost past the textiles when someone grabs my wrist."
Comment: I just finished this fabulous YA fantasy novel this morning. It is set in Nigeria and includes Nigerian mythology about gods and magic. It is very exciting and unique. The Friday 56 quote happens to be a turning point in the story.



17 comments:

  1. A book I really, really, really want to read! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my list since the beginning of the year. I placed a hold on it at the library and it finally came in with the audio version and the e-version arriving just days from each other so I half listened half read it.

      Delete
  2. It sounds incredibly unique. I see it might be part of a series and there might be a movie already. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good excerpts to share....love the detail.

    I don't read YA, but thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this definitely has me intrigued and I have to say this is a plus for memes like this, you get to have a sneak peak, without the entire plot being given away if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I get lots of reading ideas from this Friday meme.

      Delete
  5. Sounds intense! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also recently read Children of Blood and Bone. I'm glad you also liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing this book everywhere. Glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting teaser. Sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book sounds excellent: intriguing and also cultural. (which as you know, I love!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this one so much. So glad you enjoy it as well. Hope you enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you enjoyed it. I've been hearing good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a popular book these days but I can imagine why. It sounds unique indeed. Glad you liked it! Have a great Saturday!!

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard nothing but good things about this book which is making me want to pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound very exciting and unique! I'll have to add it to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.