"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, December 23, 2016

Friday Quotes: A Tangle of Gold

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
Th
e Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---



Title: A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty

Book Beginnings:
When Elliot Baranski came to Cambridge, England, he only stayed for just over two weeks. Which was preposterous.
Friday 56:
Dear Dad, The last time I wrote to you, you sent the letter back. Mum says we should leave you be, and not get in contact at all. But I'm disobeying her because I want to tell you something about Isaac Newton.
Comments: This is the third book in The Colors of Madeleine series which is a very inventive fantasy where there is a crack between two worlds and if a person from one world gets trapped in the other world they lose their memory of the first. Elliot was a such an other worldly visitor.
I've enjoyed this series since the first book, A Corner of White, was published in the US a few years ago. This book has taken me a while to get "into" but now I am hooked and want to find out how it all works out.

What are you reading right now?

 

4 comments:

  1. I want to say I've seen this series around, but I'm not so sure. It does sound like an interesting concept and that 56 says a lot already about the protagonist. Hope you enjoy the rest and that your Christmas is vety merry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me piqued! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds fascinating, and I love that cover! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this before, but based that descriptions I might have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.