"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Snapshot Saturday, June 28

Picture of me taken on the unfinished extension of the cathedral in Siena -- aptly named the Panorama. In the background is the City Tower (Torre del Mangia) with the main square (Il Campo) below, with preparations underway for Palio (the big horse race held on July 2 and August 16).


We are on holiday in Italy right now. In fact, I am currently enjoying the afternoon respite from the heat (siesta) at our hotel in Siena. 


Ciao!

 


2 comments:

  1. Sienna is such a wonderful city; I hope you are having a wonderful time. Probably better than my week in Los Angeles :-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.