|Broke and Bookish|
Ten+ Books I want to Read this Spring
On my TBR pile at home:
- Death Comes to Pemberly by P.D. James- my sweet husband gave me this book for Christmas a few years ago. I want him to know that I appreciate his thoughtfulness.
- A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling- see rationale above but change the year.
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore- third book in the Graceling series, which I love, and both my daughters have read it. I must catch up with them.
- Prodigy by Marie Lu- I have the ARC of this book and have had it so long that the book is now published. I must bear down and finish the thing.
- Girls Guide to Homelessness: a memoir by Brianna Karp
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- The Orchardist by Amanda Copland
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L.Stedman
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell...it has already earned four starred reviews (Published 2/26/13)
- Etiquette Espionage by Gail Carriger...it also has four starred reviews (Published 2/5/13)
- Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys...three starred reviews so far. (Published 2/12/13)
- Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos...1 starred review (Published 3/5/13)
- Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman...a modern retelling of Pride and Preduice
- Jane Austen Ruined My Life by Beth Pattillo
- Sense and Sensibility by Ms. Austen herself. I hope to start a S/S progress report blog like I did for Emma to keep me on track.