"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, February 8, 2013

Award Winning Audio Books 2013


 






John Green's The Fault in Our Stars Wins the 2013 Odyssey Award

 
Congratulations to author John Green for his outstanding work in young adult fiction and Kate Rudd for her excellent performance. Brilliance Audio won The Odyssey Award for Excellence in Audiobook Production, the annual award given to the producer of the best audiobook produced for children and/or young adults. 

Odyssey Honor Books:

Artemis Fowl:  The Last Guardian” written by Eoin Colfer, narrated by Nathaniel Parker and produced by Listening Library
Ghost Knight” written by Cornelia Funke, narrated by Elliot Hill and produced by Listening Library
"Monstrous Beauty” written by Elizabeth Fama, narrated by Katherine Kellgren and produced by Macmillan Audio

Here is a list of Top Ten Amazing Audiobooks 
for Young Adults in 2013: 

Personal Effects*
written by E. M. Kokie
and narrated by Nick Podehl

 
 The Watch That Ends the Night: Voices from the Titanic*
written by Allan Wolf
and narrated by Michael Page, Phil Gigante, Christopher Lane, Laural Merlington, and Angela Dawe

 
 Wonder*
written by R. J. Palacio
and narrated by Diana Steele, Nick Podehl, and Kate Rudd

 
Code Name Verity
written by Elizabeth Wein
and narrated by Morven Christie and Lucy Gaskell

 
Curveball: the Year I Lost My Grip
written by Jordan Sonnenblick
and narrated by Luke Daniels

Dancing Carl
written by Gary Paulsen
and narrated by Nick Podehl

Enchanted
written by Alethea Kontis
and narrated by Katherine Kellgren

The Fault in Our Stars     *******WINNER**********
written by John Green
and narrated by Kate Rudd

 
 The Freak Observer
written by Blythe Woolston
and narrated by Jessica Almasy

A Monster Calls: Inspired by an Idea from Siobhan Dowd
written by Patrick Ness
and narrated by Jason Isaacs

October Mourning: A Song for Matthew Shepard
written by Lesléa Newman
and narrated by Emily Beresford, Luke Daniels, Tom Parks, Nick Podehl, Kate Rudd, and Christina Traister

 
 See You At Harry's
written by Jo Knowles
and narrated by Kate Rudd

If I were Kate Rudd, I'd ask for more money next time someone asks her to narrate their book.  She is the narrator of four of the top ten books this year!  WOW!  Congratulations!

I've read about half of these books. Now I look forward to listening to some of them and encouraging my library to purchase them for many people to enjoy.

Happy listening!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting these! It's so seldom that I come across reviews or posts specifically about audiobook recordings. I first discovered audiobooks because our daughter liked to listen to story tapes at night. Later, I learned to love what a good narrator could bring to a story. I love audiobooks for times when reading a book is inconvenient: when I'm cooking, driving, cleaning, doing laundry, or knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to Ghost Knight last year - it was very good!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.