Weather: Windy and cold
Yesterday: We attended a memorial service for the mother of a friend. It was an awesome service, quite a testimony to the woman's life and her legacy. I felt honored to be in attendance to have known the woman and her family. In the evening, we attended a musical performance in Seattle that my cousin's daughter was involved in. It was mostly baroque-type music and dancing. It was lovely.
Today: my husband and I messed around setting up my new laptop and getting programs and files off the old one before we decommission it. I am posting this blog from my new computer. Ah....
This past week was much less crazy and frantic than the week before. My birthday was Tuesday and I had lots of small celebrations all week including gals at my book club singing to me, two different dinners out (Monday AND Friday), and no school for one day, and a teacher in-service another day, making my birthday week seem like a short work week.
Tonight: Academy Awards. I hope that Argo wins for Best Picture, Daniel Day Lewis for Best Actor in Lincoln; Sally Field in Lincoln. And the Oscar goes to...
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor...book two of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series.
- Emma by Jane Austen...goal 50 pages a week. I didn't make my goal last week. Sigh.
- Prodigy by Marie Lu...book two of the Legacy series. I'm only reading this at lunch time so progress is slow going.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor...I'm listening to AND reading this book at the same time.
- Impossible Rescue: the True Story of an Amazing Arctic Adventure by Martin Sandler
- Moon Moth by Jack Vance
Focus of prayers this week as part of Lent: For our President and elected officials.
Around the house: Unfortunately, I've not done much. In fact, I stood and looked at a bunch of pet fur all over the kitchen floors just a few minutes ago and didn't jump up to get the broom.
From the kitchen: Broccoli Beef made with the leftover tri-tip beef. It was about the only thing I cooked all week.