"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Monday, 6/27/11, and I'm reading...

Book Journey

It's Monday and I'm finally reading again!

I'm reading:
Swim the Fly by Don Calame---a humorous coming-of-age story about three boys whose summer goals are to see a girl naked and to learn to swim the butterfly stroke.







I'm listening to:
Hold Still by Nina LaCour---Caitlin has to start her life over after the devastating suicide of her best friend. "With the help of family and new-found friends, Caitlin will encounter first love, broaden her horizons, and start to realize that true friendship didn’t die with Ingrid."-Goodreads






I recently finished:
Border Songs by Jim Lynch---Set on the US/Canadian Border, this story exposes the illegal activities and temptations that cross the border every day.Told from the point-of-views of several people: an aging and financially-strapped dairy farmer; his son, a border patrol agent; a pro-marijuana professor; and his Canadian daughter who has a way with plants...





I hope to start soon:
Charles and Emma: The Darwin's Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman---This "new biography of Charles Darwin is a thought-provoking account of the man behind evolutionary theory: how his personal life affected his work and vice versa. The end result is an engaging exploration of history, science, and religion for young readers."-Goodreads





*** Sarah Dessen fans, please vote on my survey, top right of home page.  I am trying to determine which of her books I should read first and I want input.

7 comments:

  1. I have not heard of these, but Border Songs sounds quite intriguing. Enjoy your books and your week.
    My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Caleb's Crossing and need to start our BC read. Is it short? A quick read? Hope Don is feeling much improved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Charles and Emma cover! I'm curious about what you think of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to look out for Charles and Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Hold Still sounds really interesting... Hope you enjoy it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted on your Sarah Dessen poll but it would only allow me to pick one book. But my three favorite Dessen books are The Truth About Forever, Just Listen and This Lullaby. I really hope you like whichever book you read first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for coming by my blog^^
    To answer your questions: I'm a real librarian, but I would love to be one!
    And my first language is Spanish :D I'm sure I have a few mistakes when I write in English, sorry...
    BTW, I love yor blog, the image of the girl surrounded by books is really cool!

    I'm a new follower now, hehe. Hugs!

    Alaiel
    www.librarianmouse.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.