"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday Salon

Birthday boys, with cats.

Weather:
Rainy, with sun breaks. The weather has turned this week toward more Fall-like temperatures.

Where have I been? My last Sunday Salon was posted on August 10th. What's been going on with me? I've been gone from home for the past three weeks, on the road. On August 25th we were traveling to Wisconsin for the funeral of my aunt, my father's last surviving sibling. It had been ages since I'd spent time with my cousins and their children so I am glad we made the trip. And, of course, honoring the life of Aunt Betty was such a blessing. The next two weekends we were traveling home from Oregon after spending Saturday in Eugene for Oregon Football games. Fall is officially here when we spend more time on the road getting to and from the game than we actually spend in the football stadium.

A lot has happened in the world since my last post: That is an understatement. I don't even know where to start when it comes to my feelings about the change in politics since the arrival of Kamala Harris. Just suffice it to say, I am more hopeful than I've been in a long time.

Books and blogging. What I've read and blogged since my last post over a month ago?
Grandsons: We have two birthday boys this month. Ian turned seven on Friday and his brother turns four tomorrow. We helped Ian celebrate his birthday with a chili dinner and maple bars instead of cake on Friday evening. I even made a maple bar cake but it wasn't as good as original doughnuts, so it is unlikely I'll ever make it again. Tomorrow we will take Jamie to the Puyallup Fair, rain or shine. as our gift to him. On another upcoming Saturday we will take Ian to the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. Our motto: do things with the kids instead of just giving gifts.

Just for laughs:
Anyone with cats know this is completely true.

During the debate Trump said he had "concepts of a plan" for health care. The Internet has had fun with that one, since he's been saying he will change Obama Care for the last nine years and he still doesn't' have a plan.




Another thing Trump said during the debate was about Haitians eating people's pets. This has been completely debunked and is having serious ramifications for the immigrants in Springfield, Ohio. But once again, the Internet has stepped in to make fun of Trump and his weird beliefs. Here is an autotuned song. Watch all the way to the end for a dog's reaction.



And finally, here is the crew from Hamilton: The Musical asking, "Who's Gonna Tell Him the Job He's Currently Seeking Might Be One of Those Black Jobs?" I hope you have Twitter so you can see it. If not, I'm sorry. The link I tried to save didn't work. 😟 


Let's all have a good week.
-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.