"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 18, 2024

TTT: My Spring Reading List


Top Ten Tuesday: Spring Reading List. 
Below the line is how I did on my winter reading list.


Spring reading list:

Book Club Selections:

  1. Braiding Sweetgrass by Kimmerer (April, Group #1)
  2. West With Giraffes by Rutledge (April, Group #2)
  3. Klara and the Sun by Ishiguro (May, Group #1)
  4. The Vaster Wilds by Groff (May, Group #2)
  5. Plainsong by Haruf (June, Group #1)
  6. The River We Remember by Krueger (June, Group #2)

Challenge Books:

  1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA from this list -- Possibly The Iliad by Homer, translated by Emily Wilson
  2. A Past Pulitzer Prize winner from list --  hopefully The Known World by Jones
  3. Printz Award winner or honor book from this list -- possibly The Collectors: Stories edited by A.S. King
  4. My One Big Book Challenge book -- Wolf Hall by Mantel
  5. April Poetry Month: -- possibly Mahogany by Erica Lewis

Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:

  1. My Brilliant Friend by Ferrante
  2. The Fraud by Zadie Smith
  3. The Bee Sting by Murray
  4. The Symphony of Secrets by Slocumb
  5. Suffering is Never for Nothing by Elisabeth Elliot 
  6. No Cure for Being Human by Kate Bowler
  7. Tiger, Tiger, Burning Bright: Poems edited by Waters, et al


Update: How I did on my winter reading list.
Highlighted yellow: completed. 
Highlighted aqua: in progress or dnf
Highlighted green:  not completed



Winter reading list:

Book Club Selections:

  1. The Bride Test by Huong (Jan, Group #1)
  2.  The Covenant of Water by Verghese (Jan., Group #2)
  3. The Huntress by Quinn (Feb., Group #1)
  4. The Rabbit Hutch by Gunty (Feb, Group #2)
  5. The Egg and I by MacDonald (Mar., Group #1)
  6. Lady Tan's Circle of Women by See (Mar. Group #2)

Challenge Books:

  1. Classics Club Spin Book TBA from this list -- Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway
  2. A Past Pulitzer Prize winner from list -- See above -- Old Man and the Sea
  3. Printz Award winner or honor book from this list -- I did not read any of the Printz winners 
  4. My One Big Book Challenge book -- Wolf Hall by Mantel, I'm scheduled to start this book on 3/28/24

Books I've already started, recently acquired, and/or have on-hold at the library:

  1. My Brilliant Friend by Ferrante
  2. The News of the World by Jiles
  3. Babel by Kuang
  4. The Land of Lost Things by Connolly
  5. Tiny Habits by Fogg
  6. Nonfiction books as part of Cybils 2nd round judge responsibility. I read all 17 books for my category.


Analysis: I've been in a bit of reading slump since I completed reading for the Cybils in mid-February. I hope that an upcoming trip will jolt me into a better reading space since we will be in the car for hours and hours which should be good audiobook listening time.


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.