"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, March 25, 2024

TTT: Favorite books read the past 12 months


Top Ten Tuesday:
(Off-topic) My favorite books read the past 12 months, one per month.

I did a similar post in 2020 (Oh, That year!) I thought I would try it again . Some months I had a hard time picking my favorite since I liked a lot of the books I read that month. Other months I had to hold my nose and pick the best of the worst. 

I am off-topic today because I am terrible about keeping track of what miniseries I watch on TV and don't generally know if they originated as books.


March 2024 (so far)
When Women Were Dragons by Kelly Barnhill. Loved this book with a strong feminist message.

February 2024
The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty. This won't be most people's favorite book but I loved it and understand why it won the National Book Award.

January 2024
The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese. I loved, loved, loved this epic story.

December 2023
Babel by R.F. Kuang. What a story! I have a crush on the author's brain. This book and the words, words, words.

November 2023
Accountable: The True Story of A Racist social Media Account and the Teenagers Whose Lives Changed by Dashka Slater. This book represents the best of YA Nonfiction.


October 2023
Train Dreams by Denis Johnson. This novella seems to be about the real old west.

September 2023
Tightrope: Americans Reaching for Hope by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn. A super well-written nonfiction account about a disturbing topic -- poverty and Americans being left behind.

August 2023
The Art of Barbie by Craig Yoe. The only book I gave 5-stars to in August. I admit I was pretty obsessed with Barbie this month.

July 2023
Work Song by Ivan Doig. I love this author, this series, and the audiobook narrator for it.


June 2023
Our Missing Hearts by Celeste Ng. A very prescient story. It broke my heart.


May 2023
The Mountains Sing by Nguyen Phan Que Mai. An epic family story over seventy-five years of Vietnam's history. I got totally swept up in this story and realized how little I actually knew of Vietnam's history.

April 2023
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon. This Pulitzer Prize winner has it all -- complex, unique, and historical plot; quirky characters; and comics!

March 2023
Textbook by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. This book is so fun and so creative. I loved every minute of it except the realization that the author died of cancer before I found my way to her. Some of the internet links are still live and the book lives on.




-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.