"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, October 2, 2023

TTT: How am I doing on my 2023 yearly reading goals? An update.

Top Ten Tuesday: 
How am I doing on my yearly reading goals for 2023? Let's see...


For an explanation and a list of all my yearly goals, follow this link.



1. Read ONE BIG BOOK during the year.
This year's selection: The Count of Monte Cristo
COMPLETE!

2. The Pulitzer Personal Challenge
Read six past and current winners.
4/6 complete. 2/6 left to go.

3.  National Book Award Personal Challenge
Read two of the National Book Award winners or finalists.
These books aren't announced until November.

4. Discussion Challenge
Post 1-10 discussion starters.
3 completed.

5. Goodreads challenge
Read 110+ books in 2023. I've read 118 and counting.
COMPLETE!

6. Classics Club
Read at least five classic novels. I've read ten+.
COMPLETE!

7. Super Past Due Reviews
Write five super past due reviews
1/5 completed.

8. Big Book Summer Challenge
Read 4 big/long books during the summer. I read six!
COMPLETE.

Based on my reading goals for the year, I have a minimum of  4 specific books I still need to read, four super past due reviews to write (which usually involves some rereading), and I'd like to start at least two more discussion posts. I'm feeling pretty good about where I am right now.

-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.