"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Classics Club Spin #35


It's time for another Classics Club Spin selection. Classics Club Spin #35

What is a SPIN, you ask?

It is an opportunity for readers to join with others to read a classic book for their list of classic book they still want to read.

How to participate?

It's easy. At your blog create a list of twenty books of your choice that remain "to be read" on your Classics Club list. Do this before Sunday, October 15th!

This is your spin list.

On Sunday the 15th of October the CC will post a number 1-20. Look at your list. The book that corresponds with that number is your Spin selection. Read that book by December 3rd and share your review with other readers on the CC website.

What to you do?
  • Pick 20 books left to read on your Classis Club list.
  • Post that list, number 1-20 on your blog before Sunday, 15th October.
  • CC will announce a number on that Sunday.
  • Read and review book by December 3rd.
  • This is meant to be fun and social.
My list of twenty options for Spin #35:
  1. The Aleph and Other Stories by Borges
  2. David Copperfield by Dickens
  3. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Doyle
  4. Madam Bovary by Flaubert
  5. Hamlet by Shakespeare
  6. A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare
  7. The Scarlet Letter by Hawthorne
  8. Grimm's Fairy Tales by Grimm Brothers
  9. Iliad by Homer
  10. Sound of the Mountain by Kawabota
  11. Excellent Women by Pym
  12. Tale of the Genji by Shikibu
  13. Passage to India by Greene
  14. The Optimist's Daughter by Welty
  15. Mrs. Dalloway by Woolf
  16. Invisible Man by Ellison
  17. The Bridge of San Luis Rey by Wilder
  18. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway
  19. All the King's Men by Warren
  20. Middlemarch by Eliot
I'm getting down there on my list, with only a few more than twenty books to go. I am determined to finish the CC list so I can shake my own hand.  Book I want to get the most: Middlemarch, possibly because I am 2/3rd of the way through it already and it will provide the incentive to finish strong. Book I most dread is Invisible Man. It is long and a very serious subject.

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.