Top Ten Tuesday: What books do I hope to read this summer?
- Educated: a Memoir by Tara Westover
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (a re-read)
- Under the Wide, Starry Sky by Nancy Horan
YA books that are potential award winners (with lots of starred reviews)
- Boots on the Ground by Elizabeth Partridge...nonfiction about the soldiers in Vietnam War. (5)
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert (5)...everyone seems to be talking about this one.
- Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman...I want to finish it. I had to return it to the library unfinished. (5)
- Picture Us In the Light by Kelley Loy Gilbert (5)...I just got a notice from the library that it is ready for pickup.
- Americanized: Rebel Without a Green Card by Sara Saedi...a timely memoir about immigration issues. (4)
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Wang...a graphic novel that defies categories we place on people. (4)
- My Plain Jane by Hand/Ashton/Meadows...should be very fun and funny. (3)
Audiobooks (already cued, ready for listening)
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon...I've already completed 1/2 of this audiobook. It will be the first book I finish on this list.
- Educated: a memoir (see above)
- Hag-Seed by Margaret Atwood...a retelling of The Tempest by Shakespeare.
- My Plain Jane by Hand/Ashton/Meadows (see above)