"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Friday Quotes, May 12

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---


Title: Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

Book Beginnings: 
Guilt is a hunter. My conscience mocked me, picking fights like a petulant child.
Friday 56:
The temperature dropped and the exposed parts of my face began to sting. We had been walking for over six hours. Eva complained incessantly. She hated the trek, she hated the cold, she hated the Russians, she hated the war.
Comment: I actually haven't started reading this book yet but I hope to start it soon. Ruta Sepetys wrote another amazing book about WWII in Lithuania called Between Shades of Gray. I am hopeful that this book, also set in Lithuania/Russia during WWII, will also be well-written and heart-wrenching.

13 comments:

  1. I love those excerpts. And they suit the gloomy cover. Looks like a great read. And I've just added two to my ever growing list. I can't anymore, but I'm going to. Thanks for sharing. Here's my Friday Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about Ruta Sepetys, but I've yet to read any of her books. This one seems like it could be good, thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is on my TBR list. It sounds really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is also on my TBR list! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great excerpts. I haven't read anything by this author but keep meaning to try her books. I am spotlighting The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The era has always fascinated me. Might try this one:)

    My Friday 56 from Rebel Belle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the BB. Very well worded. I'd love for your readers to check out mine... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsMIIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cover, but I have been off the war topic for a while now. Maybe this will be the one to get me started again?
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful excerpts that make you feel what the characters are feeling. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard this is a great read! I hope you like it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am dying to read this book, I've heard nothing but wonderful things. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a new to me book and I'm adding it to my list - sounds great. Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.