Pi(e) and Prejudice: Let the eating drinking game begin. Pi day (3.14) We are taking part a day early.
|Original rules published on BuzzFeed
|i 8 sum pi = "I ate some pie"
|You eat pie or drink bubbly according to the action on the screen.
|Bubbly: Proseco; Meat Pie (Savory); Crack Pie (sweet); not shown: Quiche pie and Apple Pie
|We have five hours ahead of us. We must ration the bites and sips.
|Carly is ready to eat and drink
|Rita is set with meat pie and bubbly.
|The vantage point of the TV for me. Notice the dog at my feet.
|If we need to take a break we can work on the J.A. puzzle for a few minutes.
I'm published: my blog post Melancholy and Springtime was picked up and published on the website: Teaching with Heart, Fire, and Poetry. Check it out here. The original post is here.
Books read this week:
- The Sound of Gravel by Ruth Wariner... a memoir of a girl who girl up in a polygomist community, as a sect of the Mormon church. Fascinating and horrifying.
- Teaching With Fire: Poetry that Sustains the Courage to Teach edited by Intrator and Scribner. A reread for me. I enjoyed it just as much the second time through.
- Heath Ledger: Hollywood's Dark Star by Brain Robb. It is hard to believe this talented star has been dead for nearly eight years.
- Running the Rift by Naomi Benaron...my book club selection of the month.
- The Porcupine of Truth by Bill Konigsberg...a sure am taking my sweet time with this book. Sigh.