"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday Things on my Bookish Bucket list

Top Ten Items on My Bookish Bucket List:

  • Write reviews for all the YA books I have read so far this year and stay current from this point forward. Also catch up on adult book reviews I'd like to include in my blog. I've only written 10 reviews this year but read 26 books so far. Gulp.
  • Complete my own reading challenge to Read all the 2014 ALA YA Award Winners. Of the ten books/categories in this challenge, I still need to read five books.
  • As part of the Chris Crutcher Challenge I would like to read at least three more of his books this year.
  • Read the Prinz Honor books: Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susan Cokal and Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool. That will keep me current on my challenge to read all the Printz books every year.
  • Get myself current on the 2014 YA Audiobook challenge. I signed up to read/listen to twelve YA audiobooks and I've not checked back in with the host of this challenge with an update yet.
  • Whittle away at my other reading challenges for the year: to read six books I should have read in school but didn't; read ten books from my own shelves at home; and to read or deal with the books on my bedside table.
  • Work with my principal to get new desktop computers in my library. This is long overdue.
  • Spend time with the EBSCO Trial Database over Spring Break.
  • Spend one full day reading over Spring Break.
  • Go see the Divergent movie.

 

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.