My Top Ten Pre-Blogging Books
I became a teen librarian in September 2005. I started blogging in July 2009.
I will limit my selections to YA books I read between those dates.
1. Looking for Alaska by John Green...this continues to be one of my all-time favorite YA books.
2. Fat Kid Rules the World by K.L. Going...I listened to the audiobook of this gem. It is a very funny, thought-provoking book.
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak...if you haven't read this book you are missing a GREAT one.
4. The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian by Sherman Alexie...I just checked to make sure I hadn't reviewed this book and I found that it shows up on about every other Top Ten list I've created. :)
5. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson...another "must-read" YA book.
6. His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman...I was mesmerized as I rapidly read through the books in this series.
7. Feed by M.T.Anderson...I listened to the audiobook of this Science Fiction selection. Apparently that is the preferred way to consume it as few readers have liked it as much as me.
8. Stiff by Mary Roach...the subtitle says it all: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. This is a nonfiction selection.
9. The Race to Save the Lord God Bird by Phillip Hoose. Another nonfiction selection about the extinction of the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker.
10. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart...Frankie is so plucky I can't help but be a fan.