Top Ten Rewind: Choosing a topic from posts I missed
Top Ten YA Books with Great Endings.
1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell...I didn't get it at first but after I reread the ending all I had to say was Aw.w. My brain has been working on the "what-ifs" after the book's ending. I love it when a book gets my brain engaged imagining the story beyond the story. (2013)
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green...though the end of the story isn't what we would choose for Hazel and Augustus, it is still very sweet and poignant. (2012)
3. Going Bovine by Libba Bray... the story is either a madcap road trip novel or a tragic disease tale. Either way, the ending brings all the parts together and the reader is left with both a question mark and a smile. (2010)
4. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Saenz ...this is a coming-of-age story about two friends who not only come to peace within themselves but find answers to move forward at the end of the tale. (2012)
5. Tales of the Madman Underground by John Barnes...you probably haven't heard of this book unless you have been a long time reader of my blog. It not only is a touching coming-of-age story set in the 1970s, the book has an amazingly redemptive ending. (2010)
6. Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater...the whole magical tale builds to a satisfying ending. i can just sigh thinking about it. (2011)
7. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein...though this wasn't my favorite book of all time, the ending did a nice job of drawing all the pieces together to shed light on some of the mysteries I missed along the way. (2012)
8. Seraphina by Rachel Hartman...this was my favorite Fantasy novel from last year. It is an exciting and imaginative book and though we are led to believe there will be a sequel, it was satisfying as a stand alone. (2012)
9. Dead to You by Lisa McMann...a thriller/mystery with a shock on the last page. Do not read ahead. (2012)
10. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern...though not a YA book, it certainly would appeal to many teens. The whole book is ebbs and flows but the ending amazing and left me with a truly enraptured feeling. (2012)
I've hyperlinked all the books to my reviews. Check them out if you are looking for new reading selections.