|Hosted by The Broke and Bookish|
*With updates! I have been shamed in to action today by the comments on the blog. See the remarks in red.
- Five Flavors of Dumb by Anthony John. If I read finish this book before January (I just started it) it won't be quite a year on the list and it will complete my Read the Award Books Challenge. I currently have this book checked out from the library and I've read the first few pages. It's a start.
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. This book was so popular in my library the minute it arrived that I had to stand in line behind the students. After a year I still haven't had that turn yet.
- Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. My hubby gave me this book for Christmas in 2009 because he knows I am a Kingsolver fan.
- Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. I watched the PBS Masterpiece Theater in January of 2009 and bought the book at the time with the resolve to read it. I still want to but... 2+ years.
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett has been on my TBR pile for at least 5 years. I worked with a teacher who was crazy for the book and highly recommended it.
- The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler---This book has been on my TBR pile for 6+ years and I just finished it today! Finally!!!! I cheated and added a book that I had actually finished. It wasn't anything like I expected but I did enjoy it a lot.
- Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky---I'm in two book clubs and I still haven't read this novel by the famous author who was killed in the Nazi holocaust. I want a good excuse to set aside the needed time to do so. 6+ years.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry---I think kids must read this book in late elementary school because everyone but me seems to have read it. I've owned a copy for at least ten years and I still haven't cracked it. But I am determined to read it soon. I placed a hold on the audio version of this book at the public library. A copy was available so I should have this book "in the bag" by this time next week.
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry---this book was published in 1995 and has been on my list since at least 2000, so that means it's been on my TBR pile for, um..m..., over 11 years. I think its length is a deterrent to starting.
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery---this book shows up on all my "guilt-ridden" lists. It's been on my list for over 20 years. Gasp! This book was also available in the audio format at my public library so I will listen to it when I am finished with The Giver. I did place a hold on it to insure that I do this...after 20 years one cannot be too careful!