|Sheila at Book Journey is the host of this meme.|
What I am reading-
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. This book has been on my bedside table for at least three years. I finally got a good start on it on the plane ride home from Hawaii.
- Habibi by Craig Thompson. This is the artist who wrote Blankets, my all-time favorite graphic novel. I'm still near the beginning of the story and am still confused about the characters and the setting since the story goes back and forth in time. Hope to sort things out this week.
What I'm listening to-
- Flip by Martyn Bedford. A new twist on a old tale of body swapping. This one really poses a serious question, "What would you do if..." When I complete it I will have completed my whole 2012 Mock Printz reading list. I'm impressed by the seriousness with which this intriguing problem is handled. I should finish this today.
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater- the third book in The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. I am eager to get going on this book.
- Five Flavors of Dumb by Anthony John. A deaf girl is the manager for a Rock Band. She has to get people interested in the band that she herself has never heard. This is the last book in the 2011 Read the ALA Winners Challenge for me. This book won the Schneider Family Teen Book Award which honors novels that deal with the topic of people living with disabilities.
- I'm not sure what I will pick up next to read. I want to finish all my challenges by December 31st. so I will likely pick up a book "I should have read in school but didn't" such as Their Eyes Were Watching God by Hurston, Frankenstein by Shelley, or The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. Can you think of any books you read in high school that you actually think everyone should read? I'm looking for suggestions.
What are you reading this week?