|Sheila at Book Journey is the host of this meme.|
What I am reading-
- Five Flavors of Dumb by Anthony John---A deaf girl is the manager for a Rock Band. She has to get people interested in the band that she herself has never heard. This is the last book in the 2011 Read the ALA Winners Challenge for me. This book won the Schneider Family Teen Book Award which honors novels that deal with the topic of people living with disabilities.
- The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things by Carolyn Mackler--- A Printz Honor book in 2004. A delightful, funny, poignant coming-of-age story about a girl trying to find her way through adolescence with a weight problem and a family that seems perfect. But all is not as it seems.
- My Abandonment by Peter Rock--- "Inspired by a true story and told through the startlingly sincere voice of its young narrator, Caroline, My Abandonment is a riveting journey into life at the margins and a mesmerizing tale of survival and hope." (Goodreads) Listened to the audio version of this book. This is my book club selection of the month.
- Forever by Maggie Stiefvater---The third book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. I feel sad that I have to say good-bye to my friends: Sam, Grace, Cole, and Isabel, now that I am finished with this wonderful trilogy.
- The Giver by Lois Lowry---I was shamed in to finally getting started on this book which has been on my TBR pile for years. So far, so good. I am actually liking this dystopian novel. Does something sad happen, though?
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery---another source of shame that I haven't read this book yet.
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa---The first book in the Iron Fey series is already on my bedside table.
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster--- another childhood classic that I missed in my childhood. This book is celebrating 50 years of publication this year. It is time that I read it, don't you think?
- Some teen romance story. I have more girls than ever that are looking for a good romance book this year and I a keep running out of suggestions. Many are not interested in paranormal romances. Any ideas or suggestions?