![]() |
| Lighthouse at Pt. Robinson Park on Vashon Island |
Weather: Oddly cool and overcast, with occasional sunbreaks. We actually had a thunderstorm on Thursday. I just learned the Washington State, where we live, has the lowest number of lightening strikes per year of all the lower 48 states. Weird statistic.
Summer fun: Friends from New Jersey were out west for a sad reason, a death in their family, but it gave us an opportunity to spend time together, just loving up on each other. We also made a small trip to Vashon Island (across the sound from Tacoma) to see "Oscar the Bird King", a Thomas Dambo troll, and explore the island a bit.
Swimmer: Our grandson is participating in a summer swim team for the first time. They had their first meet last Saturday and look how he did! We are so proud of him. Don and I both swam on swim teams when we were younger, as did Ian's uncle and great uncle. It is in his blood.
Books and blogging:
-Completed the last two weeks:
Blog posts:
- TTT: Books on climate change
- Paris in July Challenge, first update
- TTT: Books on my to-be-red list by authors I've never read before
- Goldfinches by Mary Oliver
- Classic Review: The Stranger
- Review: Agnes Aubert's Mystical Cat Shelter
- Review: Angel Down
- Paris in July, second update
Off to Central Oregon for a family reunion: I will have the Internet (I hope) so should be able to stay up on my blogging. I'll be taking all the books I'm currently reading plus another French book which I have queued up on my kindle something like Petr the Latvian?
![]() |
| Oscar the Bird King is pointing at you! |





No comments:
Post a Comment
I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.