"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Friday Quotes: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
Th
e Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---



Title: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee

Book Beginnings:
On the morning we are to leave for our Grand Tour of the Continent, I wake in bed beside Percy.
Friday 56:
Lots of boys mess around at that age, I can still hear my father saying it, and it feels like a kick in the teeth every time.
Comments: Set in the late 1700s, Henry "Monty" is being given one last chance to straighten up and fly right by his father who will disinherit him if he continues messing around with boys, drinking, and other forms of cavorting around. The problem is that Monty is in love with his best friend, Percy. There is quite a bit of chatter on the blogosphere about this YA book and I see why. I read half of it today and it is 530 pages long.




13 comments:

  1. How fascinating! Sounds like an interesting and fun read. Enjoy, and thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! It sounds like it'll be great. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been noticing this one around, and I'm very eager to learn more. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about this book. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not one I would normally pick up, but it sounds quite good!
    I had to fix your link, it was your blog title and not a url. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this book on a few blogs but didn't know anything about it. As much of a contemporary reader as I've become, this sounds incredibly intriguing. Happy reading!

    eli @ the (book) supplier
    My Friday 56

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started this one but didn't finish it. I disliked Henry because he seemed to aimless. This week I have Just Friends by Tiffany Pitcock. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing in the beginning, but starts to mature and gains self-awareness.

      Delete
  8. That's a lot of pages in a day and says good things about this book. I'll add it to my ever-growing TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hum, sounds like the author has a wicked sense of humor based on the friend's name. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oldest granddaughter and I love good YA. I think this one might be more to her liking than mine. I will suggest it. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the title and cover for this one. It sounds like a great read too!

    My Friday 56 from Refuge For Masterminds

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.