"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

TTT: Books that I read in one sitting

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that can be read in one sitting (and are worth the time to do so!)
I really did read all of these in one day!
TTT is hosted by The Broke and Bookish


1. Sad Animal Facts by Brooke Barker
Illustrated with little factoids. Funny, too.


2. The War Within These Walls by Aline Sax
WWII in the Warsaw Ghetto. Illustrated.


3. March: Book Three by John Lewis
The third book in a memoir/graphic biography by an American Civil Rights hero.


4. Ten Poems to Change Your Life by Roger Housden
Ten poems but lots of text and explanations to help break them down.


5. Enchanted Air: Two Cultures, Two Wings. A Memoir by Margarita Engle
Written in poetic prose, this is a memoir about growing up away from her homeland, Cuba.


6. El Deafo by Cece Bell
A graphic novel about a deaf girl and her life adjustments.


7. The Shift: One Nurse, Twelve Hours, Four Patients' Lives by Theresa Brown
A memoir written by a nurse and her twelve hour shift. Wow. What a hard job.


8. The Boys Who Challenged Hitler: Knud Pedersen and the Churchill Club by Phillip Hoose
Another inspiring WWII story out of Denmark where a group of young teen boys took on the Nazis.


9. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The classic children's story, not to be missed by adults.


10. Dog Songs by Mary Oliver
A slim volume of poems dedicated to our best friends, our pet dogs.

20 comments:

  1. I have beeb meaning to read el Deafo. I am deaf also so it will be interesting to see how our experiences compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I haven't read any of these books, but El Deafo looks interesting. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Little Prince is such a beautiful book, and I've been meaning to read El Deafo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to read the March series!! Great pick for your TTT post this week.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love a day where you read a whole book? I just had that with the Serpent King and loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It rarely happens for me. I liked Serpent King a lot.

      Delete
  6. Sad Animal Facts looks like it would be so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it very much, though it has one fact wrong. It says that dogs can't see want is on TV...and that is not right. My dog only pays attention to TV when an animal walks across the scene. Then she barks and barks.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sharing. I still can't believe that I have not read The Little Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only know The Little Prince from your list. Such a goodner though. This means that I have to check the other books out, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reread it a few years ago and thought it should be read by everyone every few years. Just to help us be nicer people.

      Delete
  9. Dog Songs sounds so sweet. I'm often told I love my dog too much, maybe I should show this too them to prove otherwise. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Oliver is an obvious dog lover and you will love this book.

      Delete
  10. Nice list! It's decades since I read The Little Prince. Such a charming book! I'll have to check out some of the others. El Deafo has crossed my radar before, and I've heard of Mary Oliver but not yet read her poetry. I tend to read poetry over time, when I read it—a few poems a day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just picked up the first two March books from the library today - I've heard too many good things to pass up them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed the Little Prince! Wonderful list

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these - I don't read a lot of memoirs or poems. Number eight sounds quite interesting though. I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love El Deafo! :-) such a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't say I've heard of any of these ones these being outside my normal reading but I'm glad you flew through them all :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.