"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Friday Quotes

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

Check out the links for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Participants don't select their favorite, coolest, or most intellectual books, they just use the one they are currently reading. This is the book I'm reading right now---


Title: Arcadia by Lauren Groff

Book Beginnings:
The women in the river, singing. This is Bit's first memory, although he hadn't been born when it happened.
Friday 56:
The kid herd is at the stream. The foot bridge is not safe: it wobbles, its ends dunked in the wild runoff...Do it! shouts Leif, who has turned into a dancing goblin. He is hysterical with violence.
Comment: this book is for an upcoming book club. The blurb on the back of the book says that Arcadia is set up as a Utopian dream from its start through its heyday. I am excited to dig in to this book. I can especially attracted to the second quote. I have met children who are so goblinish they seen hysterical with violence.


6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I've met kids like that, too, and a few adults...

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this one wish-listed for some time now. I hope you love it!
    I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that description: hysterical with violence. Sounds like a well-written book.
    My Friday post features CHASING CHARLIE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the colors of the cover. Plus, it sound like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure this is my style. I hope you enjoy it. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always been intrigued with utopias. Though they never seen to work out.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.