"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Snapshot Saturday, May 17

It has been quite a week, exhausting but fun for the most part. I'm still running on fumes from our big trip to New Mexico. Below are a few pictures taken at Tent Rocks National Monument and Bandelier National Monument. It was exhilarating to be out in nature witnessing such beautiful and interesting sites.

Here I am on the trail between two huge rocks (Tent Rocks, NM)
Can you believe the color of the sky? (Tent Rocks, NM)
The rock formations were so interesting and odd. (Tent Rocks, NM)

We were the first people at the park that morning so we had the top to ourselves. (Tent Rocks, NM)
The trail was more arduous than we were led to believe but I made it up and down without complaining.
Here I am in front of one of the caves at Bandelier National Monument.

A replica of what the dwelling places probably looked like built into the rock walls. (Bandelier, NM)
In this spot several for hundreds of years was a vast network of homes, almost like condominiums. (Bandelier, NM)
Snapshot Saturday is hosted by West Metro Mommy Reads.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and dramatic photos of a beautiful place. I imagine early morning is the best time to go -- cooler and with fewer people. I want to go there!
    Here's my Saturday Snapshot post: http://sandranachlinger.blogspot.com/2014/05/saturday-snapshots-more-texas-photos.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots....Nature is definitely the best! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting rock formation. Awesome photos! I've enjoyed your posts on New Mexico. -- Arti of Ripple Effects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great place! I must get there sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, put Santa Fe and vicinity on your bucket list. It is quite something!

      Delete
  5. What lovely photos, and interesting rock formations. It almost looks like you are in a cathedral in that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't know that existed! Hopefully we can explore there some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to New Mexico, but I loved Arizona because of its slot canyons, rock formations, and cliff dwellings. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the SW is amazingly different than the NW where we live and we really enjoy our visits to the desert.

      Delete
  8. I loved NM... but out of the whole time I was there I didn't make it to Bandelier. I am still bummed about that. I love seeing your pictures of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Amazing rocks! Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! If those rocks could talk! Beautiful formations, interesting that there was a civilization living among them, and wonderful that they are protected now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous photos of N.M. What a beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.