Top Ten Circulating Books in my library in the past month. ("Not required" books only.)
1. A Bride Story, 1. by Kaoru Mori. A very popular new graphic novel set in my library has cause quite a stir. "A twenty-year-old woman from a nomadic tribe in Central Asia, is sent to marry Karluk Eihon, a boy eight years younger than she is."
2. A Bride Story, 2. by Kaoru Mori. Readers bring back #1 and instantly check out #2. "When her clan decides she should be married to another man and come to bring her home, Amir is forced to fight to retain the life that she has built with her husband and his people."
3. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. The Hunger Games movie has been good for library business as the sequels are very popular again right now
4. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. I've only had this book a month and all its readers are crazy for it. "Ismae avoids an arranged marriage by making a place for herself at the convent of St. Martin, where she learns of her unique gifts and must determine whether she will serve as a handmaiden to Death"
5. I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak. This is one of my favorite books so I recommend it often, especially this time of year to boys nearing graduation.
6. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I am always delighted when students start in this series. I think it is so exciting and imaginative.
7. The Maze Runner by James Dashner. If you are a Hunger Games fan and haven't read this book, this series, you are really missing a thrilling ride.
9. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Barnes. "A girl raised by werewolves must face the horrors of her past to uncover the dark secrets that the pack has worked so hard to hide." This book has come out of nowhere and is gaining in popularity daily. The third book in the series is coming out soon.
10. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner. This is the 2nd book of the Maze Runner series, and I think I like it best.
Books 5-10 are tied for the same number of circulations this past month.