|Broke and Booksih|
Books I think would make awesome movies.
OK! I admit that I read a whole lot more than I watch movies so I may actually suggest a book that has already been made into a movie...please be kind!
1. Eragon by Paolini...actually I know this one was made into a movie already but the movie was so terrible it doesn't count. It needs a remake that is worthy of the book.
2. Half Brother by Oppel...I think this would make a wonderful and touching movie about the rights of animals and what it means to be human.
3. The History of Love by Krauss...the book is amazing so why shouldn't it be an amazing movie?
4. How to Say Goodbye in Robot by Standiford... it is so quirky and honest. I think the late night radio segments could be fun in the movies.
5. The Sky is Everywhere by Nelson...it is sad, and funny, and romantic. I'd go see it.
6. Feed by M.T. Anderson...futuristic consumerism to the max. Is this our future?
7. Ship Breaker by Bacigalupi...another futuristic tale this one focusing on the possible effects of global warming, lack of resources, with a bit of a love story.
8. Cutting for Stone by Verghese...this would be an epic film and would have to be directed by someone who loves the story enough to keep all it's pieces in place.
Not one of my better lists. Any ideas of books you think would make awesome movies?