"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mock Printz 2011

Our Mock Printz 2011 reading list.

1. Bacigalupi, Paolo...Ship Breaker...(Sci-Fi)
2. Nelson, Jandy...The Sky is Everywhere...(Romance/Realism)
3. Teller, Janne... Nothing...(Realism)
4. Stork, Francisco X....The Last Summer of the Death Warriors...(Realism)
5. Bartoletti, Susan Campbell...They Called Themselves the KKK: the Birth of An American Terrorist Group...(Nonfiction)
6. Gill, David Macinnis...Black Hole Sun...(Sci-Fi)
7. Sachar, Louis...The Card Turner...(Realism)
8. Emond, Stephen...Happy Face...(Partially graphic novel/realism/illustrated-journal style)
9. Marchetta, Melina...Finnikin of the Rock...(Fantasy)
10. Richards, Jame...Three Rivers Rising: a Novel of the Johnstown Flood...)Historical fiction; in verse)
11. Oppel, Kenneth...Half Brother...(Realism)

Here is a list of possible "others" that we may add to the list...
-Green, John and David Levithan...Will Grayson, Will Grayson...Realism
-Molnar, Haya...Under a Red Sky: a Memoir of Childhood in Communist Romania...biography/memoir
-Benoit, Charles...You...Realism
-Sedgwick, Marcus...Revolver...Adventure
-Fisher, Catherine...Incarceron...Fantasy
-Hemphill, Stephanie...Wicked Girls: a Novel of the Salem Witch Trials...Historical Fiction; in verse
-Neri, G... Yummy: the Last Days of Southside Shorty...graphic biography
-Griffen, Adele...Picture the Dead...Historical Fiction
-?...books not yet published

3 comments:

  1. definitely think Will Grayson Will Grayson should make the list :) I'm sad i haven't read more of these books though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really debated Will Grayson for a time but I was the only who had read it all the way through so we decided to table our decision on it until the other two gals had a chance to read it. I do love the book, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list. There are a bunch on here that I haven't read yet, but I definitely need to; for example, The Sky is Everywhere- I hear it's awesome. I need to move that up on my TBR pile. I can't wait to see which books make the official list in January!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.