"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, December 18, 2023

TTT: 2023 Books I Hope to Read Early in 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: 2023 Books I Hope to Read Early in 2024.

The end of 2023 is bearing down on us. I doubt I'll make much more progress on my 2023 reading list. But I still want to read these books and I hope to get to them early in the new year.

Check out my compilation list of the top twenty novels of 2023. After scrutinizing 36 publications twenty titles led the list. A few of them were already on my TBR.



The Fraud by Zadie Smith
Why? I've never read a full novel by this very popular, award-winning author. This book is one of the top twenty books of 2023.



The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese
Why? It is a book club selection but it is also 700+ pages. This one will take a a big time commitment.



The River We Remember by William Kent Krueger
Why? Krueger is a favorite author and I am excited to read his newest book.



When Women Were Dragons by Kelly Barnhill
Why? My daughter has urged me to read this book and she is rarely wrong.


Crook Manifesto
by Colin Whitehead
Why? I read the first book in the series last year. C.M. is on the list of the top twenty novels of 2023 and I want to read it before I forget all the details from the first book.



The Bee Sting by Paul Murray
Why? Several of my book blogging friends (you!) have told me how much you like the book and it made the Top 20 of the year.

Since I am also a Round 2 Judge for the Cybils which will be a commitment through Feb. 14th, I'd better not stress myself by over-committing on my choice selections. This list of six books will keep me very busy.

What books, published in 2023, do you still hope to read in 2024?


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.