Top Ten YA Books Published in 2012 that I've read so far...
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green....hands down this is my favorite YA book I've read this year. Even with all the hype I still loved it. It lived up to the hype.
2. Dying to Know You by Aidan Chambers...uniquely special and thoughtful.
3. Code Name Verity by Elisabeth Wein...WWII historical fiction and a mystery to boot!
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer...I was prepared to not like this book because I had misinterpreted messages from others who read this Cinderella retelling before me, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
5. The Final Four by Paul Volponi...basketball so realistic I thought I was actually at the NCAA tournament.
6. Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony...few words and lots of images. I got to tell myself the story.
7. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews...Oh no, I thought, another book about death and dying it couldn't possibly match up to FIOS. However, it is a very different book and I enjoyed it.
8. Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson...the story is pretty depressing, meth addiction, but the symbolism is strong and the story is redemptive.
9. Insurgent by Veronica Roth...the exciting second book to the Divergent series...even though it took me forever to read.
10. The Butterfly Clues by Kate Ellison...a mystery with a twist, the main character has OCD and is a compulsion to steal things.
Do you have any favorite YA books published this year?