|Hosted by The Broke and Bookish|
Series I haven't finished (with rationale notes):
- The Old Kingdom series (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen) by Garth Nix...I probably shouldn't add this series to the list since I am currently half finished with the last book and will likely finish it sometime this week. I love this series and want to sing it's praises to all who will listen.
- Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer...I read Twilight and recognized what all the buzz was about but didn't feel compelled to read on.
- Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray...I love The Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angel , #1 & #2 in the series. I will eventually turn my attention to the third book, The Sweet Far Thing, but it keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list even though I liked the first two books a lot.
- Ender series by Orson Scott Card...I've read and enjoyed Ender's Game. In fact, I think it should be required reading. It is that good. But I haven't even cracked open the other nine books in the series and likely never will.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams...I love this zany book so much. I'm afraid that the other books in the series won't live up to my expectations. Hence, I am avoiding them for now. Who knows if I will ever get to them?
- The Books of Bayern series by Shannon Hale... Goose Girl is a favorite of mine as it is a fairy tale retelling. Enna Burning, #2, takes the story from another character's point of view. The other two books continue with the story but focusing on another character. Realistically I doubt I will ever get to the last two. So many books, so little time...
- The Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz...a vampire/paranormal romance, a Twilight spinoff. I liked the first book and think that de la Cruz is a good writer but it is unlikely that I will keep reading the other books in the series.
- Escape from Furnace series by Alexander Gordon Smith... Lockdown and other books in the series are VERY popular in my library with boys. I read the first book and understand the appeal but it is not for me.
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore...I hope to get to Bitterblue, the third book of this fabulous series, soon. The best laid plans...
- The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare...I enjoyed the paranormal romance City of Bones very much but I haven't kept going. Maybe some day...
- Anne of Green Gables series by L.M Montgomery... true confessions: I didn't even read the first book in this series until last year. I am a fan and know someday Anne of Avonlea will be on my reading list, maybe even more of the series.
- The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa...I read the first book, The Iron King, and found it a bit tedious. One of my followers encouraged me to keep going as the series improves. There are so many good books begging for my attention...
- The Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick...I was pretty captivated by this paranormal romance. That said, I don't see Crescendo in my near future. Alas....
- The Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett...I accidently read the 2nd book in the series first, A Hat Full of Sky. I found it charming and hope to go back and read the first book soon. Pratchett is a master and though I don't plan to read the whole discworld series I'd like to finish this shorter, YA series within a series.
- The Thursday Next series by Jasper Fford...very clever and tremendously unique. I will keep going.