"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Monday, April 2, 2012

Top Ten Books that can be read in a day

The Broke and Bookish
TTT: Books that can be read in a day. (No particular order.)

1. Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach---I just finished this book in day so it is first to my mind. It is a very fun, yet touching coming-of-age story.



2. Stitches by David Small---The graphic biography by a master illustrator about his early years when he was raised by neglectful, abusive parents. (Do graphic novels count?)


3. Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman---this is one of those special books that can easily be read in one sitting.

4. Under the Mesquite by Guadalupe Garcia McCall---written in verse so it reads very fast but you may want to slow it down in order to savor this lovely book.



5. Chopsticks by Jessica Anthony---This one probably shouldn't count since there are very few words. I felt like I was telling myself the story.

6. Exposed by Kimberly Marcus---told in verse this is the story of a girl who is conflicted if she should side with her brother or her friend.  I read this one in an hour.



7. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan---written in dictionary form this is a story about a budding relationship.



8. Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick---I read this story in one sitting.  It was so exciting I couldn't put it down.



9. Staying Fat for Sarah Brynes by Chris Crutcher---I read this book one summer afternoon in the hammock.



10. Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan--- thirteen little graphic vignettes. I love this book.


What are your favorite books that you read in a day?

 

13 comments:

  1. Haven't read any of these but might have to!

    Our Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just popping in... Oh some great books here for me to add to my TBR pile, thanks.

    :) Here is my choice...
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I love it when I find a list of books that all need to be added to my TBR! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked up Stupid Fast on a whim the other day, I'm glad to see you liked it! And I echo the Lover's Dictionary pick, it's such a fantastic concept and a wonderful book.

    Great list!
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm dying to read The Graveyard Book! And yes, audiobooks do tend to take longer, I love being read to, but not being able to control the pace is so frustrating for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stupid Fast looks like a fantastic read. Great list, by the way.

    Here's my Top Ten. Would love for you to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally forgot about The Graveyard Book; agreed, it can definitely be read in one sitting xD Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier today =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list - but haven't read any yet! More to add to my list.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't read any of these but I do plan to read The Lover's Dictionary. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard wonderful things about Chopsticks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really curious about Chopsticks. I've picked it up a couple of times at the bookstore, but I can't really figure it out. I keep seeing people saying good things about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting choices, I loved reading through them! I haven't read any, but The Graveyard Book has been on my list for ages!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. Please comment below.