|Jen and Kellee at Teach Mentor Text|
|Sheila at Book Journey|
What I am currently reading and my progress:
1. The Returning by Christine Hinwood. A 2012 Printz Honor book. I've had this book on my nightstand for two months. 20% complete.
2. Emma by Jane Austen.. ..I started reading this book on my smart phone during jury duty, and I admit that I haven't read anything since then. 15% complete.
What I am listening to:
1. Beneath a Meth Moon by Jacqueline Woodson. A young teenager gets involved with methamphetamine when her family is transplanted to a new town after Hurricane Katrina takes the life of her mother and grandmother.
What I've recently finished:
1. Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones---This was an Alex Award winner a few years back. Set on a small island in Papua New Guinea. The teacher, Mr.Watts, reads Great Expectations by Charles Dickens to his class and this book becomes important for a variety of reasons.
2. Under the Mesquite by Guadeloupe Garcia McCall. Written in verse. A lovely and touching story about family love and loss.
3. Irises by Francisco X. Stork...Another story of family love and loss, and following your dream.
4. Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach. A coming-of-age story where family secrets are revealed and mental health issues are finally addressed, set against a back drop of sports and young love.
What I hope to read next:
1. Black and White by Paul Volponi. I am hosting a Volponi event at my school in a few weeks and I want to read as many of his books as I can in the meantime.
2. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour. I enjoyed her first book, Hold Still, and this book is getting good reviews.
3. Breaking Night by Liz Murray. A book club selection. A memoir of a girl who goes from homeless to Harvard.
What are YOU reading this week?