"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

TTT: Rain-themed Books


Top Ten Tuesday: Books with a Rain Theme.
All my inspirations came from you today. I couldn't think of any rain-related books except the three I mentioned on my weather-related TTT post last October. (See it here.)

Here are books you mentioned that I'd like to try or have forgotten about and want to thank you for the reminder:

1. Thunder Cake by Patricia Polacco -- This was a family favorite when my children were young. I met the author/illustrator at a library event and ended up reading tons of books she illustrated. (Recommended by Plucked From the Stacks)

2. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Brooks -- This is one of the three books I found for my weather post. I read it many years ago and cried. It is so sweet. (The Book Haze recommends.)

3. Cloud Atlas by Anthony Doerr -- No clouds, no rain, right? I absolutely fell in love with this complicated story about a codex, not rain. (Recommended by Reader Buzz.)

4. Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King -- This is a dark mystery but there is a scene at the beginning which involves a rainy storm and there is an umbrella on the cover. (Thanks Dini Panda Reads for the reminder.)

5. The End of the Affair by Graham Greene -- The cover shows a very rainy setting. I am not sure if the plot includes rain, but I do want to read something by this classic author. (Thanks Books Please.)

6. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford -- The cover has two umbrellas on it. The story is very sad, and we all know that rain stands for sadness. I have visited this very hotel in Seattle. (Read Bake Create recommends.)

7. The Book Lover's Bucket List by Caroline Taggart -- Get it? Buckets of rain! This one sounds like it is right up my alley. (Lady in Read Writes recommended this book which I haven't read.)

8. The Covenant of Water by Abraham Verghese -- I'd forgotten that there is a huge rain storm in the book of which water is a big theme. This storm knocks out communication and roads. (Thanks for the reminder Portobello Book Blog!)

9. Scattered Showers by Rainbow Rowell -- I haven't read this book but I adore this author. (Good Catch. All the Books I Can Read.)

10. The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware -- Another book I haven't read but it is on a lot of lists today I'm sure because the cover is clearly taken during a rainstorm. (I saw this on lots of lists but started with That Artsy Reader Girl.)

Thanks for your help everyone!
-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.