"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, November 11, 2023

New Nonfiction Children's Books -- 3rd batch

I am feeling too overwhelmed to review this teetering pile of new nonfiction children's books I've recently read, all published within this last year (Oct. 15, 2022-Oct. 14, 2023). In light of my overwhelmedness I have provided links for each of the books to my Goodreads account where I wrote very short, usually one or two sentences, reviews. I hope some of these titles find their way into your homes or libraries. I found something that thought was delightful in all of these books.

A Vaccine is Like a Memory by Rajani LaRocca


The Witness Trees: Historical Moments and the Trees Who Watched Them Happen by Ryan G. Van Cleave


A River of Dust: The Life-Giving Link Between North Africa and the Amazon by Jilanne Hoffman


A Tulip in Winter: A Story About Folk Artist Maud Lewis by Kathy Stinson


Deep, Deep Down: The Secret Underwater Poetry of the Mariana Trench by Lydia Lukidis


The Walking School Bus by Aaron Friedland


A Few Beautiful Minutes: Experiencing a Solar Eclipse by Kate Allen Fox



The Night Before Freedom: A Juneteenth Story by Glenda Armand


Jumper: A Day in the Life of a Backyard Jumping Spider by Jessica Lanan


The Secret Life of Bugs and Other Little Critters by Emmanuelle Figueras


Words of Wonder Z-A by Keisha Morris


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.