"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Sunday Salon --- Feb. 11


Weather:
Sunny today (Saturday) but the meteorologist tells us to expect cold temperatures this coming week with possible snow. But we don't care because we are heading to Hawaii tomorrow!!! (Brag, brag.)

Today: Don and I are participating in a Roots of Justice, Seeds of Change activity at our church that is to increase our knowledge and empathy toward Native Americans and what their history has been since the fourteen hundreds. I know it will be  both eye-opening and heart-breaking.

Books for the trip: As per usual I am probably taking too many books for our week-long vacation (including audiobooks and e-books) but one cannot be caught with no reading material, right?

  • Citizen Vince by Jess Walter. This is for a book club meeting two days after we return. I'm 75% done so will opt for just the audiobook to listen to on the plane.
  • So Lucky by Nicola Griffith. Another book club selection, this one for our March meeting. This is a short book so I will carry the print version in my purse.
  • When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde. We are traveling with my sister and her hubby. She loaned me this book several months ago. It is pretty beat up already, so I doubt she will care if I cart this one with me to the beach. Hopefully I will finish it in Hawaii so I don't have to cart it home.
  • The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas. I have nearly reached the 50% level. I won't drag this tome of a book with me but I do have it on audio so I might find time to listen to a few more chapters but it won't be my prioroity.
  • The Marriage Portrait by Maggie O'Farrell. Yet another book club selection. I have it on audio and hope to start it on the return trip.
  • The ABC Murders and The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie. I downloaded two e-books as just-in-case options. Unbelievably I've never read either of them.
  • I'm not taking these two poetry books with me: The Poetry Remedy and The Goblin Market. They will have to wait for my return before I finish them.

For your amusement-- on the lighter side:


 






Something tells me they'll be down to nothing on Dec. 31st!


Happy Valentine's Day!!!💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗😘


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.