"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cybils Awards announced today and the YA winners are:

The 2014 Cybils were announced today, Valentine's Day, which is a great day to have some extra book love.  The Cybils (Children's and Young Adult Bloggers Literary Awards) are voted on by representatives from the book blogging world. It is very refreshing that the Cybils committee often recognises books not recognized by other award organizations.

Check out their page for the announcement and for descriptions of each book and why it won the Cybils award here.

Young Adult Categories:


Fiction: Pointe by Brandy Colbert


Graphic Novel: In Real Life by Cory Doctorow, illustrated by Jen Wang


Nonfiction: The Family Romanov by Candace Fleming


Speculative Fiction: The Living by Matt De La Pena

Congratulations to all the winners and now I had better get busy reading these books.

1 comment:

  1. I love the covers of Pointe and In Real Life. I haven't read any graphic novels aside from Manga, but I've wanted to. Perhaps this will be my first, and if not it's def going on the TBR.

    Cheers,
    Page @ Never Enough Shelf Space

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.