"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Friday, March 23, 2012

Review: Zeus: King of the Gods by George O'Connor


The first four graphic books in the Olympians series by George O'Connor are very popular in my library right now. Zeus, Athena, Hera, and Hades are the Gods highlighted in the first four books of this series by a masterful illustrator, George O'Connor. Always fascinated by Greek mythology, but by no means a scholar, a refresher course seemed like a good idea so I picked up Zeus, the first book in the series.  It not only provided a review but also taught me a lot about the stories that I never knew before.

Take a look at George O'Connor's page for examples of his illustrations. I can't wait to make my way through the whole series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.