"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, April 13, 2023

National Poetry Month

April is National Poetry Month. I know that but somehow I forgot it until today. This forces me to make a plan on the fly about how to quickly start consuming some poetry this month.

My plan---

1. Go to the library and peruse the poetry section. Find at least one volume that entices me. Check it out and read it.

2. Look through bookshelf at home. Find the three or four volumes of poetry which are unread or only half read. Crack them open and see what it inside.

3. Purchase a new volume of poetry. Gulp. I usually only buy used poetry books. This will be a new experience for me.

4. Share my favorite "finds" with you all by the end of the month.


-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.