1. SERIES. The Harry Potter series. My daughter has read the series through four or five times and I keep telling myself I should/could re-read the whole series again, too. The Raven Cycle series has also been calling out to be re-read. Will these books still be magical for me if I do ?
2. Something by JANE AUSTEN. I've read all six of her novels plus her book fragments and novellas. That said, I am feeling the itch to read something by my favorite author again. Methinks I will give Northanger Abbey or Persuasion a re-read soon.
3. CLASSICS. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. As I look back on my childhood I think I read a whole bunch of classics in a highly abridges form, part of the Great Illustrated Classics series for kids. This book was one of them. I want to read it unabridged now. Add David Copperfield and Jane Eyre to this category for the same reason.
4. BOOKS I OWN. Remarkable Trees of the World by Thomas Parkham. I read this one very fast one day while I was supervising test-takers in the library. Now I want to sit and linger over the stories of the most remarkable trees in the world. And I bought myself a copy so there is no excuse. Add Cold Sassy Tree to this category.
5. BOOKS I LOVE. Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey. I loved, loved, loved this book so much first time around but the story has faded. Time for a re-read. Add Scorpio Races and The Goldfinch into this same category. (Whoops! I pictured Stargirl here but it belongs with the list below. Nevermind. I do love it because it is go good!)
6. SO GOOD THEY MUST BE REREAD. The Phantom Tollbooth. I told myself that this is a book that needs to be reread at least every other year and yet I haven't done it yet. Stargirl. The Little Prince. To Kill a Mockingbird.