In Japan today there is a popular term, “my boom” that means, “The thing I am currently obsessed with.” Our “my boom” is Japanese cuisine, and we are grateful to you for letting us create our food for you.They are into Japanese Cuisine. I'm into books and many other things. What are the things that I am currently obsessed with? Here's a few:
- a strong sense of place with descriptions that make me feel like I am there--in this case it is Ethiopia;
- quirky, interesting characters who are multi-faceted who grow and change over the years and hold fascinating conversations;
- a thread or theme that is pulled through the story to bring a sense of connection throughout--absent parents seem present throughout this tale;
- and a book that causes me to learn something--I learned a bunch about the history of the Ethiopian conflict in the 1960s and 1970s plus a ton about medicine and certain medical conditions.
|King George VI|
****Update: Colin Firth just won the Academy Award for best actor! YES!!!!!
5. Opals are my boom apples. They are a new variety that look like Golden Delicious but taste like Honey Crisp. Yum! If you ever see them, buy them! You won't regret it.
2/27/11 Updated #6. Autotune the News. They had a wonderful and fun music montage on the Oscars tonight. My favorite news stories they've put to music are: Bed Intruder and Eccentric Witness Song. Funny. Funny. Funny.
What are you currently obsessed with? What are your booms?