"Outside a dog a book is man's best friend, inside a dog it is too dark to read!" -Groucho Marx========="The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen========="I don’t believe in the kind of magic in my books. But I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."-JK Rowling========"I spend a lot of time reading." -Bill Gates=========“Ahhh. Bed, book, kitten, sandwich. All one needed in life, really.” -Jacqueline Kelly=========

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rebel Angels by Libba Bray


When I asked my daughters to name their favorite books they both said the Great and Terrible Beauty series. This book is the second book in this series and it really is very good. It is just as exciting, unique, and well-written as the first book in the series. I haven't read the third book (A Sweet Far Thing), yet, but I'm sure I will. Set in Victoria England this book is a story of magical lands, powers, and friendships. Just when I thought I'd figured out who the villain was, there was a twist in the story and I realized that I was wrong. It kept me guessing and interested throughout.

The books are all fairly long and the first book starts out in India seems bizarre at first. I haven't had much luck getting girls to pick up this series for this reason but I shall redouble my efforts now that I familiar with two of the books.

Young Adults. My rating: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments and interactions! Join in the conversation.